Our Member, Brian Ashworth, gave a travel talk about his recent 11 week round the world trip as part of his 40th Wedding Anniversary Celebrations.
Some of the things he covered included;
- How to avoid the crowds in Venice during August. . . . As you can see from the photo by getting up early you can have St Marks Square almost to your self. . . Then before the cruise ship passengers arrive get on a water bus and visit the outlying islands.
- If it's a special event make sure everyone knows . . . . . By following this rule they got a bottles of champagne from Qantas, and a Hotel.
- How he manages to spend more on clothes than his wife when they are on holiday. . . . Pair of Western Boots, 3 Western Shirts, 3 'T' Shirts, and 6 of his 'Trademark' LOUD Hawaiian Shirts will do that
- When booking a cruise 'Guaranteed Ocean View Room' doesn't always mean what you think
- Our information tables last week at Endeavour Hills Shopping Centre and Bunnings were successful, in that we had three new men come along to the meeting to see what we are about.
- We are starting the picnic table repair project this Wednesday (22nd) at Cardinia Reservoir. Interested?. . Give Trevor a ring.